Originating from Aabenraa in Denmark Mr. Jacob Jebsen and Mr. Heinrich Jessen - who had been running a successful Far East trading business from Hong Kong under the name of Jebsen & Co. since 1895 - established in Hamburg on 1st of January 1909 the company JEBSEN & JESSEN.
The purpose of the new trading house was to coordinate the purchases and to maintain relations to the European principals for the firms in China belonging to the group.
The tremendous growth of international trade and the radical improvements of the world-wide communication have led to a new business policy.
JEBSEN & JESSEN, Hamburg, has been operating independently - acting on its own- as a foreign trade company with direct business relations to customers and suppliers in more than 80 countries.
The world trade centre Hamburg is the ideal location for these international business activities.